Firies stop shed fire spreading to home

A quick response by firefighters stopped a shed fire spreading to an Inman Valley house just metres away. Photo: File.

A quick response by firefighters stopped a shed fire spreading to an Inman Valley house just metres away. Photo: File.

INMAN VALLEY – Firefighters were able to prevent significant fire damage to a house after a shed merely metres away was engulfed in flames.

CFS and MFS were called to the house on Inman Valley Road, Inman Valley by a passer-by at about 12.30pm on September 28. The shed was fully engulfed in fire, with flames visible when they arrived.

Six CFS crews and two MFS crews quickly contained the fire to the shed, with the house only affected through eaves damage, cracked windows, and smoke-logged front rooms.

A resident who was home at the time was safely evacuated.

CFS believe the cause was an electrical fault.

Smartphone
Tablet - Narrow
Tablet - Wide
Desktop