FAMILY FIRST believes its country SA policy is the most comprehensive offering for country people in the upcoming State Election campaign.
The policy announced by Robert Brokenshire includes:
- Establishing a growth target of 30% of SA population to live in regional SA, with 30% of public service jobs also situated in regional SA.
- Royalties for Regions, to redirect 15% of mining royalties to a dedicated Rural and Regional Infrastructure Fund.
- A comprehensive review of the Mining Act and role of the Department of Mining (DMITRE), establishing a Mining Ombudsman to avoid farmers the cost of expensive lawyers to stand up for their rights in cropping land.
- Establishing Right to Farm legislation within 12 months, so that farmers are protected from complaints by neighbours about standard farming operations.
- Establishing a Standing Committee for Agriculture and Regions to maintain a continual focus within Parliament on benefits, opportunities, challenges and needs of agriculture and the state’s regions.
- Ensure that no more regional speed limits are reduced below 110km/h without full local community and council agreement, and clear evidence of a safety benefit.
“It has been 12 long, hard years for Country SA”, Mr Brokenshire said, “I have been privileged to be primarily responsible for Family First’s visits to our regional areas, and they are fantastic.
"Yet country SA has suffered under the Labor Government.
“Country people are likely to elect conservative Lower House representatives to Government, but we are urging them to also consider Family First in the Upper House.
"Family First has been getting the job done for them on getting a funding boost for Patient Assisted Transport Scheme, getting a police Stock Theft taskforce (Operation Poach), lobbied for a Suicide Prevention Strategy, and passed through the Upper House Bills for a Foreign Ownership Register and keeping the Cadell Ferry – and all other River Murray Ferries – open.
“Our achievements and policies underscore Family First’s dedication and passion for Country SA – we are your country insurance policy vote in the Upper House. Our 12 fantastic country candidates in the Lower House prove: we are your country party.”
Sign up for our newsletter to stay up to date.