Man burnt in McLaren Vale house fire

McLAREN VALE – A man was burnt in a house fire at McLaren Vale on Thursday, February 16.

A CFS spokeswoman said emergency services were called to the scene on Aldersey Street just after 11.30am.

“Crews from Country Fire Service with assistance from Metropolitan Fire Service worked quickly and were able to contain the fire to the kitchen,” the spokeswoman said.

One male was treated by ambulance crews on the scene for minor burns to his hand.

The house was smoke-logged, so crews had to work to ventilate the property.