Country Fire Service (CFS) and Metropolitan Fire Service (MFS) crews worked together to battle a dangerous fire at Inman Valley on Saturday afternoon, May 12.
CFS’s Dan Hamilton said just after 2.30pm, about 15 firefighters in four appliances attended the shed fire, which posed dangers as there was electrical supply material such as solar panels and batteries inside.
He said the material in the shed presented a challenge, as “tackling solar panel-related fires is relatively new”.
“Crews did a good job controlling the fire in a short space of time, in about 20 minutes,” Mr Hamilton said.
“They were also able to protect neighbouring assets from being impacted and there were no reported injuries.”
He said fire cause investigators which attended the fire later that afternoon believed a generator caused the fire, with the damage bill estimated at $50,000.