Farmsafe Australia wants to see every farm across Australia take steps to improve safety each and every day.
Farmsafe Australia chairman, Charles Armstrong said, “Having safety as a major aspect of our business will not only reduce risks to those who work and live on our farms, it will also improve our bottom line.”
This advertising feature is sponsored by the following businesses. Click on the links to learn more:
Practical steps farmers can take to have safety as a core value include:
- Having a safety plan in place which identifies potential hazards
- Always being on the look-out for new hazards and fixing them as soon as possible
- Setting clear safety procedures for risky work
- Making sure everyone working on the farm understands and uses safety procedures
- Having an emergency plan in place
Farmsafe Australia has a free, web-based induction tool and free farm safety plans that can be accessed through the Farmsafe website.
“We want farming to be both profitable and safe, and we can do this if safety is promoted as a core value for your business,” Mr Armstrong said.