The threat posed by a fire at Finniss has reduced, according to the Country Fire Service (CFS).
A bushfire advice message was issued early Wednesday afternoon, November 20, for a fire on Braeside Road near Alexandrina Road, within a pine plantation.
Multiple CFS crews arrived at the scene quickly to contain the fire to a small area.
Smoke was visible in the Finniss area and there is still the potential for it to reduce visibility on the roads.
Although the threat has reduced, there is still a risk of trees and branches falling n the area.
For up-to-date news on bushfires, visit www.cfs.sa.gov.au or call the Bushfire Information Hotline on 1800 362 361.
Information from CFS
WHAT TO DO:
- Take care in the fire area over the next few days
- Take care when driving through the area. Be aware there could be people, vehicles or animals on the road
- Report fallen trees (SES 132 500) and power lines (SA Power Networks 13 13 66)
- Check your property for fire and embers particularly in roof spaces, under decks, raised floors and in gutters
- Check in with your neighbours
- If you see flames report the fire by calling triple zero (000)
KEEP UP TO DATE:
For emergencies call Triple Zero (000).