Two Fleurieu businesses are vying for national awards after celebrating wins at the South Australian section of the annual delicious. Produce Awards.
The state's judging panel of five tasted their way through a large serving of mostly primary produce industry-nominated entries in the categories of dairy, earth, paddock and sea, to name the best products being made or grown in SA.
Seventeen state award winners were announced, with Nomad Farms at Finniss and Goolwa PipiCo at Goolwa representing the Fleurieu in the winners list.
Nomad Farms received a medal for its Nomadic Pastured Heritage Chook in the Paddock category, while Goolwa PipiCo won one for its Live and Fresh, de-sanded and ready to cook Pipis in the sea category.
delicious. editor-in-chief Kerrie McCallum said the Produce Awards celebrated new, innovative, native and consistently outstanding Australian ingredients grown, caught, sourced or produced with dedication, passion, knowledge and regard for the environment.
"Affected by the severe drought, devastating bushfires and now the COVID-19 challenges, it has never been more important to support our farmers and producers. They need our help," she said.
"The awards give credit to the producers who care deeply about the produce that is served to us in restaurants and on our plates at home."
She congratulated all the award winners and thanked all of the state judges and Harvey Norman, the sponsor of the awards.
2020 delicious. SA Winners
- La Vera Cheese -The Genuine Art of Cheesemaking - Belmondo Buffalo Blue (Newton)
- Riverside Dairy - Sheep's Milk Haloumi (Lyndoch)
- Section28 Artisan Cheeses - Section28 Sunrise (Woodside)
- The Dairyman Barossa - Artisan Farm Cream & Butter (Williamstown)
- Ngeringa Produce - Ngeringa Biodynamic Salad Greens (Mt Barker Summit)
- Singing Magpie Produce - Black Genoa Semi Sun Dried Figs (Monash)
- Mayura Station - Mayura Station Signature Series (Canunda)
- Nomad Farms - Nomadic Pastured Heritage Chook (Finniss)
- Paroo Premium Kangaroo - Paroo Kangaroo (Athol Park)
- TDM Free Range Farms - Free Range Berkshire X Pork (Mt Pleasant)
- Ausab - Yumbah Greenlip Abalone - Whole in Shell (Wingfield)
- Clean Seas - Spencer Gulf Hiramasa Kingfish (Pt Lincoln)
- Coorong Wild Seafood - Seasonal Wild Catch - Carp (Meningie)
- Gazander Oysters - Gazander Oysters Premium Pacific Oysters (Pt Lincoln)
- Goolwa PipiCo - Live and Fresh, de-sanded and ready to cook Pipis (Goolwa)
- Kinkawooka Mussels - Kinkawooka Mussels (Pt Lincoln)
- Two Gulfs Crab - Blue Swimmer Crab Meat (Largs North)